ALPHA - The test body for bird impact tests (Bird Strike Tests)
The bone and tissue structure was derived from a CT scan of an average chicken. The tissue structures with their different properties replicate the outer shell and internal organs of the bird.
- Artificial test body corresponding to a 0,7 kg or 1.8 kg chicken
- True to nature with skeleton and soft tissues
- Identical test specimen => reproducible test result
- True to nature test sample
- High reproducibility
- Plannable, constant availability
- Reduction of cleaning effort
- Increased efficiency in test processing
Wide range of applications:
- Aircraft engines
- Wing edges
- Windscreens of airplanes
- Windshields of high-speed trains
Press release DLRBT on the Primus biofidelic dummy and biofidelic artificial bird
DLRBT received visit by crashtest-service.com CTS for an exchange on crash test dummies. Peter Schimmelpfennig and Dr Mirko Dobberstein toured the institute. Test possibilities were discussed at the DLR Stuttgart site and how CTS’ Biofidel Anthropomorphic Test Dummy can contribute to occupant safety in aeronautics.
On that occasion two witnessed tests with 1.8 kg (4 lbs) birds were conducted: CTS biofidel artificial bird under identical impact conditions and DLR’s Artificial Bird DLRRAB.
See latest application of DLRRAB: Information
For this rotorcraft application on the RACER a DLRRAB with 1.0 kg was applied. DLRRAB is scalable to all bird weights.
Stay tuned for more information!
Of course, during the visit all Corona rules were observed!