Standard crash tests
Assessments based on standardised crash tests
As an accredited test laboratory we carry out crash tests in accordance with standards. These include:
- Impact testing of safety barriers (e.g. concrete and steel) in accordance with EN 1317 and MASH
- Impact testing of support structures for road equipment (e.g. road traffic signs, light poles, traffic light systems, speed measuring devices) in accordance with EN 12767
- Impact testing of vehicle security barriers (e.g. bollard, barriers, wedges) in accordance with BSI PAS 68, ASTM F2656/F2656M, IWA 14-1
The requirements of a test laboratory correspond in accordance with Article 43 of the Construction Products Regulation.
Quick and flexible
Our large, easily accessible and quickly transformable crash test facility provides for optimal spatial and technical flexibility.
Clear processing of audit reports
We provide comprehensive written and digital documentation of the results, in which all details in a multimedia manner are presented and so easily understandable for all parties and committees involved. The standards-compliant processing of the test data permits the direct further use for the appropriate certification and licensing processes and their successful completion.
Tests based on Standards
We also conduct complex tests and test series in other areas of road, work, or vehicle safety, under strict orientation and compliance of the appropriate norms and standards.
From the examination of vehicle parts, airbags, barriers and crash barriers to load securing and product liability to tests of dynamic driving: we design an individual test procedure for every requirement and provide you with detailed and usable results.
- DIN EN 1317-1 Road restraint systems – Part 1: Terminology and general criteria for test methods
- DIN EN 1317-2 Road restraint systems – Part 2: Performance classes, impact test acceptance criteria and test methods for safety barriers including vehicle parapets
- DIN EN 1317-3 Road restraint systems – Part 3: Performance classes, impact test acceptance criteria and test methods for crash cushions
- DIN V ENV 1317-4 Road restraint systems – Part 4: Performance classes, impact test acceptance criteria and test methods for terminals and transitions of safety barriers
- DIN EN 1317-5 Road restraint systems – Part 5: Product requirements and evaluation of conformity for vehicle restraint systems
- DIN CEN/TR 1317-6 Road restraint systems - Part 6: Pedestrian restraint system - Pedestrian parapets
- DIN CEN/TS 1317-8 Road restraint systems - Part 8: Motorcycle road restraint systems which reduce the impact severity of motorcyclist collisions with safety barriers
- BS PAS 68 Impact test specifications for vehicle security barriers – Individually designed tests
- BSI PAS 68 Impact test specifications for vehicle security barriers systems
- ASTM F 2656 - 07 Standard Test Method for Vehicle Crash Testing of Perimeter Barriers
- ASTM F2556/F2656M -15 Standard Test Method for Vehicle Crash Testing of Security Barriers
- ASTM F2556/F2656M -18 Standard Test Method for Vehicle Crash Testing of Security Barriers
- ASTM F2656/F2656M − 18a Standard Test Method for Crash Testing of Vehicle Security Barriers
- ASTM F2656/F2656M − 20 Standard Test Method for Crash Testing of Vehicle Security Barriers
- IWA 14-1 Impact Vehicle security barriers - Part 1: Performance requirement, vehicle impact test method and performance rating
- NCHRP Report 350 National Cooperative Highway Research Program
- MASH 2009 Manual for Assessing Safety Hardware
- MASH 2016 Manual for Assessing Safety Hardware Second Edition